I used to love cheese! Now I love nut and seed cheeses! I don’t miss dairy cheese and I certainly don’t miss how it used to make me feel – tired, cranky and bloated. Did you know that the casein, a protein found in dairy cheese, has opiates in it? As you digest casein, it releases opiates, called casomorphins. These opiates enter your bloodstream, pass to your brain and then attach to your opiate receptors. There you go, the real reason you can’t get enough of the mucus causing stuff that smells like feet! This raw almond cheese is a great alternative and it’s packed full of protein and enzymes!
- 2 cups almonds (raw and soaked for 24 hours 12 hours minimum)
- 3 TBS lemon juice
- 2 TBS fresh herbs (I used dill and chives)
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1/2 tsp powdered garlic (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place all ingredients in blender and add water until blends easily into a thick cream cheese consistency.
- Keeps in fridge for up to 4 days.