Want to boost your immune system and enjoy a delicious treat? My favouite autumn drink used to be pumpkin spiced lattes until I started to pass on the coffee and realized that some pumpkin spice mixes have dairy in them…not cool! My friend Kate inspired me to try making my own. I’m using her recipe (and taking a couple liberties) that she graciously let me share with all of you. It’s so delicious I’ve already had 2 today – might have to slow down…
I’ve used chaga tea in this recipe but you can use rooibos or green tea if you like instead. Chaga is a medicinal mushroom grown in the boreal forest range and its incredible for boosting and modulating your immune system. I drink it every day and I believe it’s one of the reasons I haven’t had a cold in almost 2 years! While everyone else around me is sniffling and coughing I’m sipping my tea and breathing clear!
- 2 cups Chaga tea (or your favourite)
- 2 TBS pumpkin puree
- 2 TBS coconut butter (not the oil the butter and you can omit but it really makes it creamy could use hemp seeds instead)
- 2 TBS almond butter
- 2-3 dates depending on how sweet you like it
- 1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or a combo of cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, clove)
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (or you can use extract but powder tastes better!)
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- If you have a vitamix let run until warm. If not then pour ingredients into a small sauce pan and heat until warm.
- Enjoy with a good book and a fireplace.